Risk Assessment Services
Regulation 3 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 states that, “every employer shall make a suitable and sufficient assessment of:
- The risks to the health and safety of his (or her) employees to which they are exposed whilst they are at work; and
- The risks to the health and safety of persons not in his employment arising out of or in connection with the conduct of him or his undertaking”.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) acknowledge violence as a potentially harmful behaviour. Violence has been defined as including “incidents where people are abused, threatened or assaulted in circumstances relating to their work, involving an explicit or implicit challenge to their safety, well-being or health”. The Health & Safety Executive describes "any person who works with the general public" as being at potential risk.
Risk Assessment can be described as the ‘systematic examination of work activities to determine if there are any ‘hazards’ that are likely to expose workers to the threat of harm or injury’.
Any Risk Assessment must identify:
- The nature of the hazard and potential for harm
- The factors that increase the likelihood of staff exposure to the hazard
- The measures necessary to eliminate, reduce or manage the risk of exposure to the named hazard
The Health & Safety Executive states that “If there is no employee within the organisation with the necessary competence, or his or her level of competence is insufficient to provide the help needed, then the employer should enlist the services of an external individual or agency. In some circumstances a combination of internal and external competences may be required.”
SecuriCare has extensive experience of completing risk assessments on behalf of client organisation.
In order to discuss your specific needs in more detail contact a member of our team without obligation:
Post: Martin House Barley Rise Strensall York YO32 5AA
Telephone: 01904 492442